Organizational Membership Invitation
Rotary Club of Stuart-Sunrise
Congratulations! You are considering joining Rotary, the world’s oldest and largest service organization. Rotary is a global network of 1.4 million neighbors, friends, leaders, and problem-solvers who see a world where people unite and take action to create lasting change across the globe and in our communities.
‘Service above Self’
More than just a breakfast meeting:
Members of the Rotary Club of Stuart-Sunrise have contributed over $150,000 to the local community and have provided hands-on service to Keep Martin Beautiful, Habitat for Humanity, LAHIA, United Way, among others. Every year the club provides scholarships to graduating high school seniors and provide dictionaries to third graders in six elementary schools. Members also participate in events sponsored by local groups and have traveled on Rotary International service projects. We are always looking for new ways to serve our community and you can be a part of that!
Club members regularly contribute to the Rotary Foundation which has a Charity Navigator 4 star rating. These donations make a difference around the world. The Foundations best known project is End Polio Now, which strives to eradicate polio forever. Rotary focuses their efforts in seven areas: Economic and community development, basic education and literacy, maternal and child health, water and sanitation, disease prevention and treatment, protecting the environment and lastly, peace and conflict prevention/resolution. The Stuart Sunrise Charitable Foundation supports the efforts of the Rotary Club of Stuart Sunrise in its fulfillment of humanitarian, educational and cultural programs with a dedication to projects in our community.
Rotary needs you to be involved:
You and/or your designates
- meeting attendance requirement 60%
- serve on a committee and participate in fundraising
- participate in service and social events, which count towards meeting attendance.
Opportunities to get more involved:
Once you’ve been a Rotarian for a while, and as you learn more about the club you may find yourself motivated to become more involved.
- Service on the club Board of Directors
- Attend other Rotary Club meetings
- Attend annual District conference, District/Zone training and Rotary Leadership Training
- Attend Rotary International Conference
- Serve on District committees
- Host an exchange student in your home
- Travel overseas on a PolioPlus vaccination team or other service team.
|Annual Financial Commitment
|Rotary International/district dues:
|Club dues (breakfast for one member)
|RI Foundation donation
|SSRC Charitable Foundation donation
What can you expect from the club?
- Opportunities to serve your community and the world
- Establish connections, lasting friendships, and mentor relationships
- Develop professional skills such as event planning, public speaking, and fundraising
- Include family members in service projects and events, including the opportunity to get children involved in youth programs in the community and abroad
- Create a global network of friends
CLICK BELOW FOR AN APPLICATION